Friday 3 February 2012

Production Logo Research

From my class feedback, I have decided to design a company Logo to add to my poster. Today I have done some research of film company logo's to gain some ideas. I have looked at iconic/famous logo's. This is because they're well known therefore obviously have something good about them that audiences like.

1. I particularly like the stars surrounding this logo. A lot of stars symbol that a film is good as they're often rated out of stars in reviews. Another thing I like about this Logo is the font of the word 'Paramount.' It's a font that flows nicely. It appears as though it is aimed more at a female audience which  is what my film is aimed at.

2. I really like this logo. I think calling the company 'DreamWorks' is really different. The background clearly goes with the company name. Something which I need to consider when designing my own logo.


3. I like the lion used in this logo and many people recognise this symbol. I don't however feel a similar idea would work well for my company Logo. This Logo looks more aimed at males which goes against the concept of my film. I do feel however that 'MGM' is good because the title is kept short. I would like a short title for my own logo, perhaps my initials.

4. I like how unlike the logo's above this one is not square. I don't feel a square logo would look right on my poster. 


5. Out of all the logo's this is probably my favourite. It is small and compact which is what I want on my poster as there is not a lot of room left and I don't want it to detract from the message my poster conveys. I also like the fact it is in black and white which also means it wouldn't distract from the attention of the poster. It makes me consider doing a Logo that is specifically for the area I like in, Norfolk.

6. Although not a famous logo, I love the shapes that have been used for this company. It is a really simple idea but works affectively, especially with the various colours contrasting with the black text which is situated in a simple font. 
Conclusion: From my research I have decided to create a Production Logo including my initials (like number 3 - 'MGM') and with a shape to symbolise the logo (like in number 6.) I have chosen this because I feel it is a simple concept that will work well with my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment