Tuesday 28 February 2012

Arrow

I wanted to create an arrow to put on my Magazine Review. This is in order to show that the man in the picture is the director of the film 'Andrew Woodhouse' and the person that is saying the quote. I didn't want to include an arrow which appeared precisely drawn like the one below;
Instead, I wanted an arrow which looked as though it had been hand drawn. With this in mind, I found some arrows on the internet which replicated the type of arrow I wanted to use in my review;
Having looked at the arrows I found online, I then created my own arrow in photoshop which looked similar to those I found on the internet. This was simply to do and took hardly any time at all. I simply used the drawig tool, changed the colour to black and sketched an arrow. I ensured after I had completed my arrow that the background of the picture was transparent. This mean't I was able to copy and paste it on to my review and it would fit in with which ever background colour I chose.
This is the final picture of the arrow that I created. I was pleased with how it turned out as I feel it looks similar to the arrows which I wanted to replicate that I found from the internet. It also looks hand drawn which was the effect that I wanted.
Here is how my arrow looks now it has been added to my review;

5 comments:

  1. Awesome,I like the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryan, I really appreciate your valuable comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the one on the second picture, 2 down on the left is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I use your arrow in my app that I am creating. I think it fits perfect aesthetically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here, I would like to use your arrow in an iOS app, if that's fine with you!

    ReplyDelete