Sunday 27 November 2011

Filming #1

Today I went to film Thirla (My Nana) and here is a picture of her below on the day of filming;
To start with I briefed her on what my Documentary is about, told her the questions I wished to ask her and asked if she had any photos of what she looked like when she was younger. This is because I felt it would be affective to show viewers how people from her generation used to dress.
We had a couple of run throughs before we did the final interview. I deliberately didn't want to have too many pratice runs because I feel in an interview it is best to get an individuals inital response, this prevents them over thinking their answer.
When I edit my documentary together I actually think she is going to be the last character to be seen, but as she was the first charcter to become available I have shooted her first.
I ensured I took the relevant equipment with me, including;

Video camera


This is obviously so I could record the footage

Digital camera

So I could take any relevant photo's of props/actors and to perhaps record some footage on this camera too in order to film shots at various angles

Tripod

In Documentaries shots aren't always very steady so I didn't want to use a tripod all the time, however during the interview I felt a tripod was essential

Realease form

This was so I could get My Nan to sign to say she agreed to be used in my Short Film and that she gave permission for her house to be filmed as well

Script

This I took so I could remember all the questions I wanted to ask her

Storyboard

So I could remember all the shots I wanted to get at different angles, in order to make the Documentary more interesting and varied

Below is the footage I took of the day of filming. It has not yet been edited at all, I will do this once I have intereview the remaining 4 people.


No comments:

Post a Comment