Tuesday 8 November 2011

Character Profiles

Now they've all stated they are happy to take part in my media, I have produced pictures of each of my characters along with a paragaph on each of them explaining why I wish to use them in my Short Film.
Beth:
I have chosen Beth to be in my Documentary because she was born with a birth mark half way down her body. People said they wanted to see people that were conscious about their body image and Beth is self conscious about the way she looks. I want people to realise that although she may not look exactly like the everyday person she is still just the same as everyone else and shouldn't be treated any differently. I hope to hear about how she feels about her appearance and what her opinion is on people changing the way they look, does she think its pointless or does she support others changing their appearance?
                                             
Alice:
I have chosen Alice because 3 people mentioned the fact they would be interested in seeing someone who had an eating disorder and not long ago Alice unfortunately suffered from anorexia. I hope to gain an insight into what exactly made Alice stop eating and get her take on plastic surgery.
                                             
Thirla (Nana):
I chose my Nana because she is from an older generation and I want to figure out whether people were less worried about their appearances when she was younger. They didn't use to where such provocative clothing as people do nowadays and tv wasn't introduced for a while, did these two factors change the way people felt about their appearances?










Victoria:
I chose Victoria because shes a lady at a clinic who performs lazar hair removal. Someone mentioned they'd like to see someone featured who is responsible for changing someones appearance and although it is not hugely invasive, lazar hair removal is still cosmetic. I want to find out how having treatment effects patients and why she considers it to be a worthwhile treatment.
Dr Clibbon:
I have chose Dr Clibbon because he is a plastic surgery consultant and performs opersations on patients too and someone in my audience research specifially mentioned that having a plastic surgeon would be good. I want to find out from him why he thinks plastic sugery is on the increase, the pros/cons to having surgery, the most popular procedures and whether he considers the media to have an influence on an individuals decision to have plastic surgery in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment