Tuesday 6 December 2011

Costumes

Definition:
A style of dress, including garments, accessories, and hairstyles, typical of a certain country, period or profession.

As I am doing a Documentary short film, I am not going to choose costumes for my characters. Documentaries are incredibly realistic and represent real life. As they're non-fictional I am allowing my interviewees to wear what they wish. I want the audience to grasp a true concept of what my characters are like and an individuals appearance strongly reflects what they're like as a person, so in order to gather an idea of what my characters are really like, I want them to wear want they want to. Especially as two of my characters I am interviewing when they're at work, seeing them in their uniforms and work etire I think would be really good. I want my documentary to be as realistic as possible and me choosing what my characters wore would be false and not truely reflect the characters properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment