Sunday 30 October 2011

Mood Board

Today I went out and brought 'Look' Magazine. I wanted to create a Mood Board from the kinds of images and phrases that the magazine used, in order to see whether they would have a positive or negative effect on the consumer.

Here is my Mood Board below;
 The magazine contained a lot of skinny/attractive women such as Cheryl Cole. It had an awful lot of negative pharses, such as 'Ugly.' People were also rated on their appearance in the magazine 'Hot or not?' and 'Rated or Slated?' The most signifiant thing I found was an advertisement for a breast englargement. If you look at the top right of my Mood Board there's a quote which states ''I've had my boobs done, but everyone notices my smile.' Lastly, it contained many beauty products such as anti-aging creams, hair prodcuts, toning sirums and nail varnishes. It is clear to see that the magazine concerntrated on people's image and its quite shocking that all this is just featured in one magazine. This has made me realise that doing my Documentary on body image is definitely a worth while topic to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment